Our vision is to provide a rich, varied, balanced and well resourced curriculum which will stimulate the natural curiosity and enquiring mind of every child, regardless of ability race or gender. We want each and every child to reach his or her true potential. Our aim is that the lives of all who leave Hafod Primary School will have been enhanced by their experience with us, and that each child will leave equipped with the ability and eagerness to learn more and be ready to meet the challenges of adolescent and adult life.
We expect high standards of work and behaviour at Hafod and are extremely proud of our school and the achievements of our pupils.
We aim to provide a pleasant, exciting and stimulating environment in which children will feel secure and which will promote their personal development. We aim to nurture and develop in all pupils;
- their all round development - socially, emotionally, morally, physically and intellectually as far as their aptitudes and abilities and school resources allow.
- positive attitudes to learning which will enable them to adapt to new ideas and methods and thereby achieve their full potential.
- to become self reliant, self respecting and responsible adults.
- the capacity to work both collaboratively and independently, and also the ability to decide on the appropriate method for the task.
- a personal moral code sensitive to the needs of others.
- equal opportunity and respect for all, irrespective of race or gender.
- a desire to preserve our own cultural identity within Wales, while at the same time promoting an understanding of and a respect for cultures and creeds different from our own.